26 MARS 2021
- 180gram HQ press at RTI
- Remastered from the 1st generation Nippon Columbia master tape
- Lacquer cut by Kevin Gray (Cohearent Studio)
- Old school style tip-on gatefold jacket with OBI strip
- Liner notes by Yusuke Ogawa (Universound)
- First time on vinyl reissue
A quintessential work of Japanese big band jazz recorded by the New Herd, headed by one of Japan’s foremost jazz musicians, Toshiyuki Miyama. It is a further concretized continuation of Miyama’s exploration of ‘Wa (Japanese) jazz’ that drove his previous record, ‘Nio and Pigeon’. By intentionally eschewing the use of traditional instruments and sticking to the basic elements of jazz, this masterpiece achieves a unique realization of ‘Japanese jazz’ solely through the arrangement/instrumentation vibes that vary with the theme. Using musical expressions ranging from free jazz to jazz-rock, the record’s tracks come together to form a suite that embodies the poetic sentiments of traditional Japanese folk tales in a magnificent and breathtaking manner.